It's interesting to see how people of different cultures interact and communicate. It seems like everyone understands body language, even if they are from completely different parts of the world and speak completely different languages. I'm writing from Guilin, China. When I logged on to blogger.com, it was the same site that I would see in America, except everything was in Chinese! Not too interesting, but it's still cool how the website translates across the globe. I was watching CNN this afternoon and they talked about this new feature they have called "CNN iReport." This is an online feature that they have where you can submit media (footage, pictures, sound) of things that you think should be publicized (mostly natural disasters). It's sort of a citizen reporter type thing. I think it's really cool. Just like how our class was talking about the wonders internet has done for communication because for the first time, we can share information, we can communicate, we can give back. ...the example CNN used was on a flooding in the midwest! I hope you guys are okay!
check it out: http://www.cnn.com/ireport/
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Linzer,
With nearly everyone in our country having access to a cheap digital camera, it makes sense that CNN has caught up to the reality and power of the blogger! News networks have feared this power for some time -- it's nice to see they are finally embracing it.
We're all waiting for your iReport from China! (I hope you can read this!)
Lindsey,
This is so cool -- a trans-continental report! With your sharp critical thinking, I can't wait to see what you make of the differences between the U.S. and China.
Post a Comment