
Today I went to see one of my dance teachers perform with Inaside Chicago Dance Company. In this production, my teacher danced in a duet about the contrast between the ego and the higher self. They danced to clips of a couple podcasts, called 101 Ways to Transform Your Life and Spoken Word, both by Dr. Wayne Dyer. Seeing this reminded me of the Radiolab Podcast that we listened to last week. In this podcast, the guest on the show states,"I think of myself as a string of memories..." This quote stood out to me becasuse it was the first time I had heard of someone defining themselves as their memories, rather than their past or how they percieve themself. It was especially impressive, because it seems to me that most people are constantly in search within themselves of finding their higher self. At the end of the dance the music looped around and around, to the voice of Dr. Dyer uttering "I just feel so alone..." but in retrospect, you're never truely alone unless you've reached your higher self and you still have your thoughts to rake through in search for this ultimate being that has always been within you, or is that person just alone within their thoughts?
1 comment:
I love this post, Lindsey because it sweeps the reader away to another moment in time and space.
Do you have a link for these podcasts you mention? Maybe we can put them on your site or the class blog?
Post a Comment