
I find the power fast food chains have over the world to be astonishing.
In relation to one of my past blog posts, I said that fast food nations around America were hurting American health standards. I stated that, "these fast food restaurants don't make it easier to eat right. They cloak their "effort" to improve the nation's health with product design and inviting advertisements that make the public really think they're making the healthy choice... when someone orders something "healthy" at McD's they package the food in a nice green and crisp plastic bag rather than the crunchy red and white classic bag, making the consumer think that they made a healthy change in his or her diet." I think the advertising, product placement, and packaging of the fast food products are insulting to Americans.
Now I realize that consumers keep feeding into the palms of these big corporations that are doing nothing but damaging the health of not only Americans, but all over the world. My dad goes to China a lot and he told me that it's not uncommon to see a line out the door and down the street to get into a Pizza Hut or McDonalds. The big fast food corporations feed powerful men and women who do nothing but create more schemes to make another buck not only from Americans, but from the world.
I wonder: Has America polluted the world, or has the American culture just simply been integrated into the cultures around the world? After that, what's next? The Moon?
No comments:
Post a Comment